Do you want to rent an Electric scooter in Malaga? Renting a scooter (also called electric scooter) in Malaga can be a fun and convenient way to explore the city. In this article you can read everything about renting electric scooters in Malaga.
Electric scooters are very popular in Malaga because of their convenient mobility and environmentally friendly nature. However, before you take to the streets of Spain with an electric scooter, it is important to know the rules and legislation so that you can get on the road safely.
How to Rent an Electric Shared Scooter in Malaga
Renting an Electric Shared Scooter in Malaga is very easy, I have listed it for you
- Download app: To use an Electric Shared Scooter in Malaga, you must first download the Bird app on your smartphone. The app is available for both iOS and Android.
- Registration: After downloading the app, you need to register with a valid email address and phone number. You may also need to enter your payment information to pay the rental fees.
- Find a scooter: After you have registered, you can use the app to find available Electric Shared Scooter in Malaga. The app shows the locations of available scooters on a map, so you can find one nearby.
- Unlock and drive: When you have found an Electric Shared Scooter in Malaga, you can unlock it by scanning the QR code on the scooter with the app. After unlocking, you can get on the scooter and start riding.
- Parking and locking: After your ride, you can park the scooter at a designated location in the city and lock the scooter using the app. This officially ends the ride and stops the payment.
Electric Scooter Rental Companies Malaga
It is good to know which rental companies offer scooters in Malaga. This way you can install the app in advance so that you can easily rent a scooter in Malaga. Several rental companies are active in Malaga. At several locations in the city there are places for electric scooters. These are the providers in Malaga
Lime Electric Scooter Malaga Rental
Lime is a well-known company that offers electric shared scooters in various cities around the world, including some cities in Spain. It is possible that Lime scooters are available in Malaga, but it is also possible that there are other providers of shared scooters active in the city.
Voi Electric Shared Scooter Malaga Hire
Voi is a popular shared scooter service that offers electric scooters in Malaga. It is a company that allows people to rent electric scooters through a mobile app, which can be a convenient and environmentally friendly way to get around urban areas.
Rent Bird Electric Shared Scooter Malaga
Bird is another popular shared scooter service that offers electric scooters in various cities around the world, including some cities in Spain. Like Voi, Bird allows users to rent electric scooters through a mobile app, which can be a convenient and eco-friendly way to get around urban areas.
Bolt Electric Scooter Malaga Hire
Bolt is a well-known ride-hailing service that has also introduced shared scooters in some cities. At the moment Bolt is not yet available in Malaga.
Dott Electric Shared Scooter Malaga
Dott is a well-known shared scooter service that offers electric scooters, and Dott is also available in Malaga. Like other shared scooter services, Dott allows users to rent electric scooters through a mobile app, making it a convenient and eco-friendly way to get around urban areas.
Costs rent Electric Shared Scooter in Malaga
The costs for renting an electric shared scooter in Malaga consist of unlocking costs and costs per minute. It is important to know that the costs can vary per city and per shared scooter provider.
Table of rates of shared scooter providers in Malaga
|Shared scooter provider
|Cost per minute
Traffic Rules for Electric Scooters in Malaga
Before you get on a scooter in Malaga, it is essential that you are aware of the traffic rules for e-scooters in Malaga. Here are some important rules to keep in mind for using electric scooters in Spain:
1. There is no specific minimum age for using an electric scooter in Spain.
2. If there is a cycle path, you should use it for road safety.
3. If there is no bike path, you may use the roadway.
4. It is strictly forbidden to ride an e-scooter with more than one person.
5. Wearing a helmet while riding an e-scooter is highly recommended.
6. In case of poor visibility or in the dark, it is mandatory to wear a reflective safety vest.
7. You don’t need a driver’s license to use an electric scooter.
8. It is not allowed to drive on the pavement, in tunnels or in pedestrian areas.
9. The use of a phone, headphones or earphones while driving is not permitted.
Make sure you observe these rules to enjoy your electric scooter in Spain safely and in accordance with the law. Have fun and drive carefully!