Málaga has a lively and vibrant nightlife, with a range of bars, clubs and nightlife options suitable for different tastes and age groups.
Nightlife Malaga Historic Centre
Some of the popular nightlife spots in the historic center are:
- La Comedia: a lively bar with a terrace in Plaza de la Merced, where you can enjoy live music and cocktails.
- Sala Gold: a nightclub with different dance floors and music styles, ranging from reggaeton to house.
- Velvet Club: a stylish nightclub with a terrace overlooking the cathedral, known for its electronic music.
Nightlife La Malagueta and El Limonar
These neighborhoods, close to the beach, offer chic bars and clubs with a relaxed atmosphere.
La Malagueta and El Limonar are two neighbourhoods in Málaga that are known for their quiet and chic atmosphere, especially during the summer months when the beaches are full and people are looking to cool off in the evening. There are some bars and restaurants that cater to locals and tourists looking for a more relaxed night out. Some of the popular nightlife spots in these districts are:
- Playa Padre: a beach club in La Malagueta, where you can enjoy live music and dance on the sand.
- Baños del Carmen: a renovated historic seafront location in El Limonar, with a bar and restaurant and a terrace with sea views.
- Terraza Chinitas: a cocktail bar on the roof of a building in La Malagueta, with stunning views of the city and the sea.
- Café de Paris: a stylish cocktail bar and restaurant in La Malagueta, with a terrace overlooking the beach.
These neighborhoods are generally more suitable for a quiet night out than for a wild party night. The nightlife usually starts a bit earlier than in the historic center, but still continues until the late hours.
Nightlife Plaza de la Merced
Plaza de la Merced: This lively square in the historic center is surrounded by bars and restaurants, making it a popular meeting place for locals and tourists alike. You can enjoy a drink on one of the terraces or visit one of the nearby bars.
Some of the popular nightlife venues on and around the square are:
- La Comedia: a lively bar with a terrace on the square, where you can enjoy live music and cocktails.
- La Tranca: a traditional Andalusian bar with a wide selection of tapas and wines.
- La Terraza de la Merced: a rooftop bar overlooking the square, ideal for an after-dinner drink.
- El Pimpi: a historic bar and restaurant within walking distance of the square, known for its sherry selection and tapas.
- La Botica de la Cerveza: a cosy beer bar with a wide selection of craft beers.
Where 30 years ago Soho was still a deprived neighborhood with a lot of crime, drugs and prostitution, it is now very hip. This up-and-coming district is a trendy and artsy place with a range of bars and clubs. Soho is an up-and-coming district in Málaga known for its hip and artistic atmosphere, and it also has a lively nightlife. Some of the popular nightlife spots in Soho include:
- ZZ Pub: an alternative bar with live music, poetry evenings and art exhibitions.
- La Casa Invisible: a cultural center with a bar, concerts, exhibitions and workshops, located in an old mansion.
- Sala Spectra: a nightclub with different dance floors and music styles, ranging from reggaeton to house.
- Bodegas Quitapenas: a cosy bar where you can enjoy local wines and tapas, with live music on some evenings.
The nightlife in Soho is informal and creative, with a mix of locals and international visitors. Most bars and clubs are open until the early hours of the morning, especially on weekends. It is also possible to enjoy the street art and art galleries in Soho on an evening stroll.
Huelin is a neighborhood in Málaga known for its beaches and fishing village atmosphere. It also has an emerging night scene, especially in the summer months. Some of the popular nightlife spots in Huelin include:
- Muelle Uno: a seaside promenade with several bars and restaurants, perfect for enjoying a drink overlooking the sea.
- Hawaii: a nightclub with different dance floors and music styles, located on the beach.
- Sala Wenge: a music hall and club with live performances and party nights.
- Fábrica Cruzcampo: a brewery and bar where you can taste different types of beer and enjoy tapas.
- La Fábrica del Soho: an alternative space where concerts, exhibitions and other cultural events take place.
The nightlife in Huelin is more informal than in other parts of the city, with a more relaxed and local atmosphere. Most bars and clubs are open until the early hours of the morning. In the summer months it can be very busy, especially on weekends and holidays, so it is advisable to arrive early to get a good place
Nightlife El Palo
El Palo is a neighborhood in Málaga known for its fishing village atmosphere and quiet beaches. The nightlife in El Palo is not as vibrant as in other parts of the city, but there are still some nice bars and restaurants to enjoy in the evening. Some of the popular nightlife spots in El Palo include:
- Chiringuito Antonio Martin: This beach bar overlooks the sea, where you can enjoy live music and drinks.
- La Coquette: a cocktail bar with a seafront terrace, where you can enjoy cocktails and tapas.
- La Chancla: a chiringuito restaurant located on El Palo beach, perfect for enjoying fresh fish and seafood.
- La Taberna del Pintxo: a tapas bar with a wide range of pintxos, small snacks served on bread.
- La Perla de El Palo: a traditional Andalusian bar where you can enjoy local wines and tapas.
The nightlife in El Palo is more suitable for a relaxing night out than for a wild party night. Most bars and restaurants are open until midnight or a little later. It is also possible to stroll along the coast in the evening and enjoy the quiet atmosphere of the district.