Curious about what are nearby malaga sights? The surroundings of Málaga offer many sights and attractions that are worth a visit. Here are some popular destinations near Málaga:
- Ronda: This historic city is located about 100 km from Málaga and is famous for its spectacular location on a deep gorge, the Puente Nuevo (New Bridge) and the Plaza de Toros, one of the oldest bullfighting arenas in Spain.
- Granada: About 130 km from Málaga is Granada, a city rich in history and culture. The Alhambra, a magnificent Moorish palace and fortress, is Granada’s main landmark and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Nerja: This charming coastal town is located about 60 km east of Málaga and is known for its picturesque beaches, the Balcón de Europa and the impressive Cuevas de Nerja (Caves of Nerja).
- Mijas: Mijas is a whitewashed Andalusian village, located in the hills about 30 km from Málaga. It is known for its narrow streets, panoramic views and traditional atmosphere.
- Marbella: This luxurious seaside resort is located about 60 km southwest of Málaga and is known for its chic boutiques, stylish restaurants and the vibrant nightlife in Puerto Banús.
- Antequera: Located about 50 km north of Málaga, Antequera is a city rich in history and architecture, such as the Alcazaba and its many churches and monasteries. Nearby you will also find the El Torcal Natural Park and the Dolmenes de Antequera, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Caminito del Rey: This spectacular hiking trail is located about 60 km northwest of Málaga and runs along steep cliffs and gorges. The trail has been recently renovated and offers breathtaking views and a unique hiking experience.
- Frigiliana: This quaint white village is located about 70 km east of Málaga and offers stunning views of the coastline and surrounding mountains. The village is known for its narrow streets and charming atmosphere.
These are just a few of the many sights and attractions you can find in the Málaga area. Exploring these destinations is a great way to discover more of Andalusia and the rich history, culture and natural beauty of the region.